We’re towards the end of another month which only means one thing… we have a delicious recipe for you to make for your children at home – Cheese and Spinach Pinwheels. This recipe was provided to us by our centre chef, and the children love eating this snack at our centres!
If your child is a fussy eater, we’re sure they will have no problem snacking on these!
Keep reading for the full recipe.
- Puff pastry – 4 sheets
- Cream cheese – 250g
- Spinach – 80g
- Minced garlic – 1 tsp
- 1/2 an onion
- Preheat oven to 180ºc line a baking tray with baking paper
- Grate onion and sauté in the pan with minced garlic. Add spinach sauté 3 minutes more
- When onion and spinach cool down, mix with cream cheese
- Spread pastry with cream cheese mixture
- Roll the pastry up tightly, cut into slices
- Place the scrolls on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes until golden
- Allow to cool then serve
*This recipe can easily be made gluten-free and/or dairy-free with appropriate substitutes.
If you try this recipe, take a photo and tag us on social media so we can see! (@wherewegrowelc)